STEAM? But why?
Many studies show by nurturing children's natural sense of wonder and tapping into their potential for developing a passion for STEM, the more successful they will be as adults.
So far, here's what we know:
- According to the third annual US News/Raytheon 2016 STEM Index, the US continues to have a shortage of STEM professionals despite an increase in the number of STEM degrees.
- A Census Bureau report shows that about 74 percent of college graduates with STEM degrees are opting for non-STEM jobs starting from law to education and social work.
- According to the US Department of Commerce, STEM graduates are the most in-demand and earn higher salaries than their non-STEM counterparts.
- A study conducted by the National Math and Science Initiative indicates that only 36 percent of high school graduates are prepared to pursue a college-level science course.
- Another worrisome figure according to the Department of Education is that only 16 percent of high school seniors are keen on pursuing STEM careers.
- Data released in 2015 by The Programme for International Student Assessment (PISA) had placed the US as the 38th out of 71 countries in math and 24th in science.
SteamRocket has a plan.
- We've created an approachable, hands-on curriculum for students ranging from kindergarten to 12th grade. The goal is to pique students' interest in STEAM activities.
- Allowing students to take control of their learning proves to be the most effective. Through hands-on experimentation, they learn that failing is not only acceptable, but an essential part of the learning process.
Our programs focus on fostering a sense of curiosity and creativity in students, encouraging them to explore their own unique interests in STEAM subjects. We provide access to the latest technologies and tools, giving students the opportunity to work with cutting-edge equipment and software.
By nurturing a child's sense of wonder and passion for STEAM, we believe that we can help them become successful and fulfilled adults, equipped with the skills and knowledge they need to thrive in an ever-changing world.